'The very breath of God is in you.' Job 33:4
At Holy Family, we deliver the requirements of the National Curriculum through discreet weekly science lessons.
Click here to download the Science Overview and key learning for Holy Family
At Holy Family, Science lessons are practical and active thereby enabling children to learn through experience and practical application.
Children are required to work scientifically in both Key Stage 1 and 2 by;
- asking simple questions and recognising that they can be answered in different ways
- observing closely, using simple equipment
- performing simple tests
- identifying and classifying
- using their observations and ideas to suggest answers to questions
- gathering and recording data to help in answering questions
We do this through 5 lines of enquiry:
Holy Family is part of a Science Network affiliated with Manchester University. The Science Network (SEERI) inspires communities of confident and curious teachers to work together to drive the continuous improvement of teaching and learning in science and engineering education in the UK.
Along with schools within the Emmaus School Improvement Federation, we seek to work together to improve the teaching and provision for science within our school.
Each year, we undertake a Science Week. We invite in scientists and experts to stage events and workshops to help enhance and enrich the science curriculum.