What is Philosophy for Children?
- An enquiry based approach to open up children’s learning through the exploration of ideas.
- Gives children the possibility of seeing that their ideas have value, and that others have different ideas that have value too.
- They realise that they don’t always have to be right.
- They have the confidence to ask questions and learn through discussion.
- All learners (including teachers) have opportunities to genuinely enquire.
- A chance to speak and be heard without fear of getting an answer wrong.
- Intelligence grows.
- Gives children who are not considered “academic” a voice and a chance to flourish.
- Gives the “academic” children a chance to think outside the box and to see that the non-academic have inspiring ideas.
- Gives all children value