The Local Offer
The government have listened to what parents say their experience of services is like and have put in place a number of things to bring about improvements. One of these is the ‘Local Offer’.
The council for disabled children have provided information and advice on the Local Offer. This helps identify what should be included in the 'Local Offer' – and helps parents recognise if their local offer includes everything it should.
- We will set out what services are available
- How to access services.
- How services will work together.
- How we will make sure that parents/carers have more choice and control over what services they receive.
- Training for the new way of working that is available for everyone – we will train everyone together where the training is useful for everyone (professionals and parents).
What services will this include?
- Suitable childcare
- Leisure activities
- Short breaks
- Rochdale SENDIASS (parent support)
- Dispute resolution services
- All schools – mainstream and special
- The local authority’s role and responsibility
- Health services – universal and specialist
What will be included in the Education Local Offer?
- A summary of the core provision expected of all schools/academies. There will be more detail in every schools own published SEN policy.
- It will cover all aspects of school life – classroom, school day, after school activities and learning off site.
Holy Family RC Primary School's Local offer (SEN Information Report)
For further LA guidance contact
SEN Assessment Team,
Number One Riverside
Rochdale OL16 1XU
Tel: 01706 925981