Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for the Kingdom of God belongs to such as these.' Mark 10
- Holy Family R.C. Primary School is a Roman Catholic Primary School in the trusteeship of the Diocese of Salford.
- It is maintained by Rochdale Local Education Authority as a Voluntary Aided School.
- The school’s Governing Body is the Admissions Authority and is responsible for taking decisions on applications for admissions.
- The co-ordination of admission arrangements is undertaken by the Local Authority
Application to Reception Class 2021
The application round for September 2021 intake has now closed. Late applications can be made directly to Rochdale Borough Council by following the link here.
As we are unable to host any visits from prospective parents currently, additional information about Holy Family School and the new intake 2021 can be found under the Parents tab under 'New Intake 2021'
Application to Reception Class 2022
If your child is 4 years old before 1st September 2022, they will be eligible to start school.
The application round for admission to school in September 2022 opens ion Monday 6th September 2021..
Holy Family School operates a clear admissions criteria for parents looking for a school place for their child. The admissions criteria is as follows:
- Baptised Roman Catholic children and non-Roman Catholic children who are looked after or previously looked after.
- Baptised Roman Catholic children who will have a brother or sister attending the school at the time of admission and resident in the parish of Holy Family.
- Baptised Roman Catholic children resident in the parish of Holy Family.
- Other baptised Roman Catholic children who will have a brother or sister attending the school at the time of admission and are resident in another parish.
- Other baptised Roman Catholic children who are resident in another parish.
- Exceptional Needs
- Other children with a brother or sister attending the school at the time of admission.
- Other children.
The complete Holy Family Admissions Policy can be downloaded by clicking the link below:
Application to Nursery Class
Holy Family RC Primary School has a Nursery for children who have already reached their 3rd birthday. The Nursery now offers full or part time places for parents and children. Part time places run from 9am - 12 noon daily. We are able to offer afternoon sessions for parents who are eligible for 30 hours free childcare. For parents not eligible, additional afternoon places can be booked and paid for in advance at a cost of £10 per session. The afternoon sessions run from 12 noon - 3.30pm.
To apply for a place, parents must apply directly to the school and not the Local Authority. The Admissions Policy applies also to children wishing to join the Nursery.
School is always happy to accept applications for the Nursery for future years. Nursery is full for the September 2020 cohort but places for September 2021 can be applied for at any time. Please contact the school office for more information.
Application to Secondary School 2021
Our feeder secondary school is St Cuthbert's RC High School in Rochdale. We share a close relationship with the school and the transition arrangements for children preparing to leave primary school enable them to settle very well in a new setting. The application process for admission to secondary school in September 2021 has now closed. Parents still wishing to apply for a school place at secondary school should go to http://rochdale.gov.uk/schooladmissions.
In Year Transfers
A child who moves from school to school at a point during their education, this is known as an 'in-year transfer'. A transfer may occur because a family has moved into the area.
The process is managed by the Local Authority and more information can be found here.
To apply for an in-year school transfer:
- Complete the in-year transfer form below.
- For a looked after child, you'll also need to complete the memorandum of understanding as well.
- Return the form to the LA using the details listed on the form.
- The LA will try to process your application within 10 school days but this may take longer in busy periods
- The school your child currently attends will complete Part II of the form.
You have a statutory right to submit an appeal for a place at your preferred school when your application for a place has been unsuccessful. If you have not been successful in securing a place at your preferred primary school for your child in Reception, follow the link to Local Authority website here.